Monday, July 30, 2007

So much to do, and so little desire to get it done :)!! We went camping this weekend and had a great time. The only downer to the trip was that there was no flush toilets, so that kinda stunk...(yes, pun intended!!!). Yesterday I woke up early and helped issue football equipment. We gave out game uniforms and exchanged equipment that didn't fit from the last equipment issue. It was fun, but a little warm (93 degrees by 10am). Today football practice starts and I think everyone in the house is excited. Our practice time is 5:30-7:30 Monday through Friday. Yes...you read that right....5 days a week. Our first official game is Labor day weekend, but I think we will probably do some scrimmages before then. So for the next few months we will be eating a lot of crock pot meals and leftovers. If anyone has any good crock pot meals I would love to try them.
Then there is all the cleaning and organizing that needs to be done around here. My idea to get the house into shape over the summer failed miserably...I tried once or twice, but just couldn't get all the way through the place before things started falling apart all over again. But I did get to spend a lot of time with my boys doing great things that we all enjoyed. Peter goes back to school Aug. 22, and Liam starts preschool that day too!!! So we have a few more weeks to try to fit in a few more fun activities. Then it will be back to what we love...CHAOS!!! I seem to thrive on chaos and being busy.

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Don't you find that in being busy there is some routine. Organized chaos?! I like it too.

I can't believe you do football two hours a day, five days a week. That's nuts! Hope it's fun.

Talk to you soon.

Michelle said...

thanks for visiting and for the congrats!

5 days a week of football practice sounds exhausting!